Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Film Opening Project (blog 13)

Okay, since the last time that our group met up, we did not have a solid image on what we wanted the mise-en-scene and visuals within our opening to look like. So, my job for today was to work on that.

I was doing some research on Instagram of various social media accounts on certain aesthetics and popular trends, and one thing that kept reappearing was this renaissance/rococo aesthetic. People take certain images from paintings of this time period to adorn their accounts with this airy and clean image; I took some photos of it below:













I have to say I love the way it looks! I also feel as if it is not too far off from our previous inspiration of other influencers, so that means we are not starting completely from scratch. Not to mention it is super beautiful :D

Although I could be disillusioned because I like the way it looks, I do think we can use this aesthetic to our advantage for two reasons. One, it's trendy right now. Since I want out influencer to be a modern-day one, it would be illogical for our character to have a style that is not in fashion at the moment (I also feel having a modern style is crucial as it subtly shows she is dedicated with keeping touch with what is popular on social media). Secondly, I feel that this aesthetic ties in with themes with the nature of perfection or the strive for beauty (which is what our story is all about). With my (brief) knowledge I have about the renaissance/rococo period, perfection and beauty was highly revered within art. Because of these commonalities within the style and our story, it makes sense to use them together.

In terms of our set design, I feel that we were pretty spot on with the color scheme, but we definitely need to fill our room with more things. This type of style plays with a lot of elements and it is far from minimalist, which I think was our mistake before. So, with the information I gathered, I spent my morning working on this Pinterest board with various images that share similar motifs. You can see it with the link below; I guess for now this is our 'unofficial mood-board'.

https://pin.it/6yobIUO

I was thinking we could print out a few of these images to serve as posters, I think that would look pretty cool. I'll keep you guys posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment