Saturday, March 7, 2020

Film Opening Project (blog 11, pre-film preparation)

Good afternoon everyone! My group and I just finished setting up everything we need to get ready to film tomorrow. The main thing that we got down was the overall set design. As you know, our opening consists of getting ready within her studio space, so our goal was to create this effect. We decided on using is Oliver's gym room since it already has neutral floors and walls, therefore the color palette we're incorporating within our opening is not obstructed.

Before
After
It still is kind of bare, but with the clothes that I am planning on getting from my friends today, I think it should be ready by tomorrow. I was afraid sticking with our visuals and color palette would be a challenge, but it was pretty easy (phew). We also finalized our storyboard and how our opening would play out, you can see the whole storyboard within the link below. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aHSZP-RgIWHALl49qUmB11izK5TsLuEU?usp=sharing

Because we are planning on our opening to focus on introducing the character, we wanted to incorporate the use of closeups to reveal a sense of intimacy in between the character and the audience. We also want some of the shots framed in a sense that the camera makes the audience feel as if they were also in the room watching her get ready, emphasizing the idea that the audience is an observing her (just like her audiences on social media). Very symbolic stuff, I know. 

One of my favorite shots is the pan on the photos hung up on the wall, where the audience sees the character age and change through the photos. It says so much in a subtle manner; it adds depth within our character and shows that there was a progression to how she is like in the present moment (where our story begins). 

I'm relieved that we are on track with our schedule, giving us plenty of time to revise and edit if we need to. I'm also looking forward to filming tomorrow too, I'll keep you guys posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment