Friday, March 13, 2020

Film Opening Project (blog 15)

Today in class we were looking at things that we needed to complete before our filming day, and Austin had the suggestion of completing a script. At first I didn't really see the point, but after Austin pointed out that the last time we tried to film that I kept stuttering and messing up my lines, I felt that it would be a pretty good idea. Here's a copy of it below: 


By having a script, I feel By having a script, I feel it'll give me a chance for the filming day to run pretty smoothly, and hopefully save us time (and pain) during the process. In terms of our set, I realized something that I feel our group needs to consider.

I was talking with a friend of mine about our film project and giving her a run-down of the story and our character. I showed her the shot of the photo string and how it's supposed to convey that she was just like an everyday person before she became an influencer. I then showed her our set, and she began to raise a few questions. She said that if we are trying to develop this character through our set, why is it so bland? She suggested we should try to build/use a set that is 'more established' to develop our character even more, and I agree. 

I want to suggest the idea of using my bedroom as our set instead of Oliver's space. I feel that if the audience can see more things about our character in the background of our shots, it would make our story (and her) look more realistic. I was thinking that in one space of my room we could convert it into her 'photoshoot area', and have it look more pristine in comparison to everything else around her. 
This is the space, by adding a mirror here and lights, I feel that it'll show that this is her studio space
This area can be used in the final part of the opening where she is scrolling through social media
All of the things hung up on the wall can be enabled as props and suggest that there was more to her before she became an influencer
I would be fully on board with this idea, except for the fact that it would mean that we would have rearrange things within our original plan and storyboard to make it work. Obviously, my bedroom is not the same as the space we had before in Oliver's gym, so that is going to be tough. Also, does this mean we are going to have to extend our film date? And if so I'm wondering if it will be worth it then... I guess I am just going to have to suggest my idea to Oliver and Austin and see what they think, I'll keep you guys posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment