Thursday, April 2, 2020

Film Opening Project (blog 27)

I was going over the questions that I still need to cover within my CCR this morning. It seems as if I do not need to do any more research for questions 3 and 4 as they are about my personal experience within this project. However, just for some consistency within my posts, I thought I would briefly answer them here, just so you guys know too :)

In terms of my production skills, I can confidently say my knowledge in mise en scene has definitely expanded. I remember the first time out teacher lectured us on set design, and I thought it was rather boring. However, the more I started to learn about the elements of mise en scene such as color theory, the more I started to appreciate it more. I also really enjoyed the process of getting the set ready for shooting, it was a lot of work but very rewarding at the end.

Another skill I would say improved would be adapting to challenges. You guys probably already know that getting things done on time are not my strength, yet I managed to get a lot done through flexibility and keeping and open mind. This skill was especially helpful in the beginning when we were planning a story and also planning on a day to film.

What I'm planning on doing for my script is to maybe take a few blurbs from my blogposts and incorporate them into the CCR video. However, I am still unsure whether if I should write out a full script or whether if I should have points instead. My gut is telling me that having a few notes will make the dialogue much more natural, but it could also make it awkward. I'm planning on writing the script this weekend so I guess I'll see.

In terms of materials, the only thing I can think of needing is a green screen. I feel that if I overcomplicate my CCR by using props or full blown sets I will be creating a lot of hard work on myself. Plus, since the whole purpose of my video is to go for a 'cheesy' look, green screens would be absolutely perfect. For now, I am planning on doing a bit more research on green screens and I'll see tomorrow if I should order one.


It still blows my mind that I am at the final part of this whole project, I never thought this day would come. Well, I guess I'll keep you guys posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment