Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Film Opening Project (blog 28)

Our teacher gave us an extension for the projects, HALLELUJAH!

I didn't want to say in the last blog posts, but I was very nervous that I would not have enough time to complete my CCR to the best of my ability because I was working on a time crunch. I mean I know the CCR is easy to film, but writing and editing (AKA my weakness) is the challenging part of this project. Although it only is a few extra days, it is a lot of valuable time that I can use. 

Speaking of writing, today I am working on the script. With my previous schedule I was supposed to be done with the script by now, however, I did not like my script. You would think that with liking English and all this should be easy to me, but I find that I'm struggling. I found that it sounded way too robotic and the way I organized my script was very incoherent; nothing flowed like the way I wanted it to.

This is leaving me to wonder if I should even make a script at all. I know some people sometimes use notes or bullet points to make sure they cover every topic they need to, but at the same time I don't think that I can do that as I tend to stutter a lot (I also say 'like' more often than I care to admit). Because of those two reasons, I'm going to try to write it again.

Instead of diving in and start writing like I did last time, I watched two of these videos on Youtube so I can learn about what to do (and what not to do) within my commentary. Hopefully, this information can help me write a better script.




In terms of using a green screen, I decided that I would not go for it. As you know, I am not the most skilled in editing nor in using film equipment. As I was researching what I would need/know how to do I quickly realized that I do not have the skills to master the art of chroma-key in such a short amount of time. More importantly, I don't have the money to buy the things that I need, so I'm not going to use it.

Well, I guess that means I got to start writing, I'll let you know if the videos helped. I'll keep you guys posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment