Saturday, April 11, 2020

Film Opening Project (blog 30, reflection time)

I know I've dabbled in a bit of reflecting in some of my last blog postings, but I feel as if I should make one post dedicated to how I feel about this project and also the final product.

Man, this project has really challenged me a whole lot. I never thought I would learn so much over the course of three months. I learned about new elements of film, challenged my skills on daunting tasks, and learned a lot about working with others.

As you guys know, a huge portion of my effort went into mise-en-scene and writing. Writing was something I was already familiar with, but mise-en-scene is a whole new ball game. I've already mentioned before that I thought that mise-en-scene was not something I was interested in. However, after working on the set design for this project, I actually enjoyed it a lot. It never dawned on me how much you can tell a story just by the background, I guess I kind of took it for granted.

I've also improved on my story-telling. I typically write poetry, so when it came to creating the background and story of Camille, it was a bit out of my comfort zone. However, through the assistance of my teacher and friends, I think I'm getting good at story-telling. That's not to say I'm an expert, but I think I improved quite a bit.

Working in a group has taught me the value of other people's perspectives. I really enjoyed working with Oliver and Austin. Although we do tend to slack and mess around (a LOT) I feel we make a pretty good team. There were a few moments in this project where our spirits were low, especially during the times where we had to redo or reschedule, but we always manage to pull through. We all have certain specialties and together I think we created a really cool film opening.

This whole process has felt so long but before I even knew it we finished it all. I've been looking back at all of the old blogs and it really feels like the end of an era. To be honest, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do now that this whole project is over. I was thinking of maybe trying to film my own short over the summer, we'll see. ;)

Anyways, I guess that means this will be one of my last postings. I think I still might post some other updates on my CCR, but other than that I'm pretty much finished. I'm running out of things to type now. This feels so weird. Well, I guess I'll keep you guys posted, for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment