Monday, February 24, 2020

Film Opening Project (blog 6)

Today in class we came up with a final story, and how we would film our opening. We also covered what needs to be completed by the end of this week so we can start filming, including creating an official schedule we can start to follow:

- Rough Draft and planning of film done by 3/1
- Filming done by 3/8
- Start line editing 3/16
- VFX and finalizing by 3/21

My task it to complete the storyboard and to work on mise en scene/costume design. Today, my focus is to complete the set and costume design because I feel that storyboarding usually is better when it is done as a group effort. I presented my color palette and the overall visual aesthetic I had in mind to my other partners and they really liked it, and with that they were able to come up with a few ideas that I should try to convey within the set of our character's room. It began with the idea I had for the costume design.
A basic blue hoodie, it says "Utah Rocks!"
I suggested using this hoodie for the costume design, then Austin then came up with an idea. He proposed the character should be interested in nature and traveling (specifically to the Grand Canyon). The reasoning behind this trait is that they feel as if traveling will be some form of 'escape' from their mental disorder, and I LOVED the idea. It is relatively simple, but yet it shells out our character and it creates some sort of a 'spine'. Of course, we cannot completely convey this idea within two minutes, but what we can do is try to incorporate it within the set design to suggest that our character likes nature. My bedroom already has a couple of nature posters, but I do not have one about the Grand Canyon. I guess that means I am going to have to do some shopping, which is what I was planning on doing anyway.

poster I found off of Amazon
Because I want the colors to be seen throughout our character's bedroom, I am planning on getting a few yards of fabric so we can place blues and oranges wherever we need in various shots, such as using the fabric to cover pillows. I feel that by buying fabric we can get more uses out of it, plus it would be cheaper than redoing my whole bedroom anyway. Our group is planning on meeting up sometime on Friday so we can have a formal discussion on things we need, and to also come up with the storyboard too. For now, the project seems to be in motion, and all I can say is that I am very excited! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment