Thursday, March 19, 2020

Film Opening Project (blog 18, filming edition)

The day is finally here, film day!! :D

I woke up today pretty early so I could get my makeup done and also go over my lines to make sure that there are as little screw ups as possible during the process. Oliver and Austin came over and then after a brief talk about Animal Crossing, we started working.

A photo of me doing my hair and makeup
For makeup, I did a natural look to put more focus on my outfit (which was the fanciest look I could come up with). I really like the look, and more importantly it matches the style of our character.

The whole filming process turned out to be very long, but because we prepared in advance it was relatively easy. We all were on the same page when it came to how we wanted the shots to look, the only main difficulty we came across was the lighting. It was kind of cloudy so the light within our set kept changing. Not to mention that a LOT of light was coming in through the windows, so we had to play with angles to avoid any over-saturation within shots. Also, filming using the mirrors was a bit hard, but it was a fun challenge too.

Outfit (ft. my dog)
Reviewing footage
For one of the shots we needed to take, Oliver had the suggestion of making a screen recording of me taking selfies so that when we filmed, my phone screen would not capture the camera through the mirror. It. Was. Genius. I'm so excited to see that shot within our opening, it's going to mess with people's minds!

I'm really satisfied with all of the footage we got today, and all we need to do is simply edit. Austin and Oliver are much better with editing than I am, so that's their main job. However, I will be working on sound foley and finding music as well. I did cover music choices in an earlier blog, but we were not entirely sold on the idea so I guess that means I have to continue searching. I'll keep you guys posted! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment