Friday, March 20, 2020

Film Opening Project (blog 19)

We have officially moved onto the editing stage! Austin and Oliver are taking care of editing, and since I want to help I am looking for a song to have within our film opening. I'm also very bored right now, so this is giving me something to do while I'm quarantined in my home.

Now, when it comes to music, there are a LOT of choices. However, I've been finding that none of them really suit our video. Mind you, I'm only looking through Youtube at the moment, so there's probably a lot more options that I have yet to discover. In terms of music on Youtube, there seems to be two categories. For one, you have music with lyrics in them, which typically tend to be songs that people listen to more often. Then you have instrumental music, which is comprised of basic music or 'artistic' sounds (vaporwave or lo-fi music are two examples).


I don't know why, but my Youtube search-bar suggests a lot of this lo-fi music. It doesn't work for our video, but I do think it sounds cool. I also have been finding a lot of jazz albums which I like, such as this album below. Although I think some of these songs could work for our opening, I'm not completely sold.


I guess that means I have to keep searching for music. Hopefully I can find a song soon, especially if I need to ask permission to use it. I'll keep you guys posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment