Thursday, March 26, 2020

Film Opening Project (blog 22, CCR part 2)

Who knew dreams could be so useful?

So last night, I had a dream where I was editing an 80's educational video. I was putting every single possible cheesy effect I could think of, and it turned out (just as you would expect) to be super cheesy. When I woke up, I knew I had to make my CCR an 80's educational video. There was no way I wouldn't make one. No. Way.

I feel that if I intersperse this style with me presenting, it'll be a nice tool to keep the video interesting. Of course I can't rely on only this style to make my video fun, I will need to write a good script and everything, but I think this will be a fun project nonetheless! The video below is a good example of the look I would like to have within my CCR, I'm planning on using it as inspiration during the editing process.


In terms of how I'm planning to speak or frame my video, I decided to look at commentary Youtubers as a reference. Commentary Youtube is a certain type of video where a person will comment on a common trend on the internet or social media, usually interspersing jokes, sketches, and a LOT of editing. Some examples of commentary Youtubers are Danny Gonzalez or Kurtis Conner.

A photo of Kurtis Conner's Youtube banner

Kurtis Conner has to be one of my favorite Youtubers within the commentary 'genre'. He incorporates a nostalgic style within his edits, making his videos a good reference point for my own CCR. 

I guess the first step I will need to complete is making a script or some type of plan for my video before I can even think about editing. I also means that I'll need to do more research as well, maybe I'll incorporate more research within my blogs, we'll have to see. I'll keep you guys posted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment