Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Film Opening Project (blog 9, group meeting)

Hey everyone! Today in my AICE Media class we had a group meeting, meaning that I sat with other people outside of my group so we could offer each other feedback and suggestions for our projects. I had a lot of fun, and through this meeting I discovered a lot of factors that we should consider within our project.

The general feedback that I got from my peers is that I need to make sure that I keep my main focus within the character and her insecurities. While we are still going to keep the moment where our character is looking at other social media influencers (obviously), one member suggested we should include a moment where the character is going over her flaws within a mirror. For example, as she's rushing and perhaps trying on a new skirt, she should point out her cellulite or maybe pick at a few pimples at her face. I feel that including this action adds another layer to our character so I'm definitely going to pitch it to my group members.

Also, I began to make progress on props we'll need! Because we are not Universal, our budget is very tight. However, for this character we feel that it's necessary to have a lot of things within the set since she is invested in her looks and materialistic things. Austin had the suggestion of getting a clothing rack, so I found this inexpensive one on Amazon:
I ordered this a few minutes ago, it should be arriving on Thursday or Saturday :)

I myself am not a fashionable person, but I have tons of friends who are. So, I've been asking around for props (clothes, shoes, purses, makeup, etc.) and I'm starting to develop a collection. I'm planning on Friday to go pick up everything from my friends so Oliver and I can set everything up on Saturday, and then we can start filming on Sunday.

If I'm honest, it's is a little nerve-wrecking to try to film on our deadline, but I know it'll be worth it in the long run. It's so much smarter if we give ourselves some wiggle room before the due date just in case sometimes happens. Also, if we have time, we can make sure that the final product is as flawless as it can be. I'll keep you guys posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment